Tuesday, February 28, 2012

10 on Tuesday-maybe

It's been an interesting week. Some good, some not so good, and I suppose that's just life in the slow lane, of which I'm in!

1. I was doing the dishes and suddenly from behind me there was a hubbub. I turned around to find this..
...the demonic Maya the cat was standing on her hind legs behind the angelic, innocent Mattie the dog, rapidly pummeling her head with tiny fists of fury. Mayas front legs and paws were a wild blur. Mattie just sat there with a bewildered look on her face. I tried to explain to Mattie that the cat must have a hormonal case of cabin fever- kind of like me, but I don't think Mattie bought it. The amazing thing is this sweet dog could have licked that cat a good one, but she never does. If you want a kind, good natured dog, get yourself a boxer!!!

2. Hmmmm- I am sitting in church and they announce that there is a new Relief Society teacher. Ok so who is she replacing? I have been there for over 4 1/2 years so I can't believe it's not me..DAH- turns out is was me- but nobody bothered to tell me. Yes I have one eyebrow!

3. I am still photo shopping my tiny brains out. Huzzah! One of these days I am really going to have to pick up a paint brush.

4. Tonight will be-sniff-sob- my last night of hockey-sob-snort sniffle- it's a long 7 months until the ice comes again! But- it's only 3 months until the water ski makes an appearance so that's something to crow about!

5. They say that if someone took all our troubles and put them in a bag and shook them up and dumped them out- we'd all pick our own original troubles. Not me- I'd walk away and leave them for someone else to clean up! Works for me! (but seriously- I'll take mine over some others peoples woes any day! Yikes! There's just too much ouch out there for my taste!!)

6. Ok remember how last week I said I was going to craft a flower to jazz up my ball gown? Umm...help! $40 worth of material and ribbon later....This better be worth it- that is one ridiculously expensive piece of froo froo!

7. Roman will be 6 years old in 5 days. UN- BELIEVABLE. This is the very cool drawing of a gumball machine he drew. I am very impressed!!!!!!
look close- it even sort of says "continental" on it- like the real gum ball machine. Chip off the old block, says I!!

8. Play practice starts in earnest this week- hopefully it will keep me busy so I stop EATING!

9. oh my- had to stop blogging to discuss MORE photo shop fun with my art director.
I shant have any fingers left after this week- but cool!!!!

10. I finally have the Latin lingally down. Problem is when I have to walk and sing at the same time- it flies out the window. I have frightful visions of a black and white penguin-esque me tumbling down the theatre steps with my broom smacking some old lady in the head. (yeah... I have to walk down the stairs from the top of the theatre to the stage, carrying a broom which I use to clean the abbey floor, dressed in my nun garb which restricts hearing by the way, whilst singing angelically in Latin. Who's dumb idea was this????







2 comments:

KellyLady said...

I can't stop giggling about your poor dog and demonic cat. Poor Mattie...
And good luck with the walking and singing and sweeping!

Becky said...

I just saw your blog on Alisha's - your writing is a hoot! You're so funny, I feel like I must have been in a coma throughout YW back in the day to have not realized this sooner! Thanks for posting your thoughts - you're great! (And very accomplished, I might add!)