1. The summer started out a bit rough with rain at the lake and one broken hand bone due to Stewart's inept throwing of the ski rope and my hand deciding all on it's own to fist slap said ski rope.
2. I climbed the second highest mountain in Waterton, Lineham peak, standing at a whopping 8950 feet and we didn't even mean to climb it. There was so much snow on the regular trail that we climbed up a totally different way and couldn't get down so we had to keep going up! It was amazing though and now I can say I did it!! Here is a picture of Lineham from the correct trail.
And here we are not quite to the top. Yup that's me with my broken hand. It wasn't much help! And behind me is faithful Cheri- she was afraid I would fall and not be able to catch myself- she worried about me all day- such a good friend!!
3. I started training for the triathlon a bit late because I couldn't swim or bike but things are back on schedule and the triathlon is on August 13th. The swimming and biking are very easy for me but the running seems to be the killer. Not sure why that is. I used to run for 2-3 hours every day playing soccer at BYU. My my how time flies and my my how fat and old and tired and out of shape you get!
4. We have had a bear infestation at the lake. For some reason known only to him, Stewart has taken on the roll of bear chaser. I do not like this! He picks up his weapon of choice (a children's sling shot... which in all fairness he is quite proficient with because much to my amazement, a few years ago, he killed a snake with it) he calls our willing boxer, Mattie to come with him and he runs after these bears. What happens when the bear stands it's ground or turns on you, Stewie??? I will be picking up Stew parts in the forest, that's what!!
5. 3 more sleeps and Paige and Eric will be living in ALBERTA!! Huzzah!
6. I broke my hand on the 21st of June. I was supposed to keep my cast on 6 weeks which would be this Thursday, August 2nd. I took it off July 9th and skied. It hurt getting up but once I was up, it stopped hurting. I took this as a good sign and never looked back. I actually think that skiing and swimming has helped to heal the broken hand and make it stronger faster...that's my story and I am sticking to it.
7. We had Brad, Whitney and the boys at the lake for a week and it was a blast. Little boys love camping and fires and lakes and forts and water fights and treats but not rain or bears or going to bed.
8. We took the boys to the Trail of the Cedars in Glacier. Oscar was very careful not to step on the cracks in the boardwalk...it took a long time! We had so much fun we hiked the trail twice. On the first go round the boys ran- on the second go round the boys walked and actually looked at a few things... Finn was gocking up at the tall trees and walked right off the trail and splatted about 3 feet down. He was pretty brave though. Tears for only a few seconds.
9. What I love about summer...fresh fruit and vegetables, water skiing, getting in shape, (well better shape that in winter) a quiet, glassy lake in the early morning, time away from work, hiking, long days and nights, I used to love summer thunderstorms but Mattie is so neurotic that she has ruined them for me, ( we even tried a Thunder Jacket- it doesn't work!) I love Canada day, being close to Waterton and Glacier, green grass and lot's of flowers, raw peas from the garden, cool nights after a hot day. Oh and of course watching the Olympics!!! Go USA! Summer rocks!
10. Hmmmm- not much else going on except lazing around at the lake- that's about it for this Tuesday! Hiking Grinnell Glacier this Thursday...can't wait!