Tuesday, February 21, 2012

10 on Tuesday- HA- you thought I would forget!!!


Well I didn't forget- I am just in a funk because there was no hockey tonight- So I guess I'll just ramble on for bit on my blog/journal/complaine/vent/rant and rage page.

1. I Got Oscar to walk today- his first steps! He kind of does this sideways shuffle thing, but he was definitely walking. This little man will do absolutely ANYTHING for a wii remote! Huzzah!!!

This is Oscar- and this is a picture taken by Rhonda Steed- one of my favorite photographers- look her up!!! And yes, Oscar's hair is that red- HE'S A WEE GINGER LAD! He kind of looks like a gigantic argyle sock! xoxoxo!

2. I am usually an industrious, accomplishment driven person, but at times I can scale the heights, breadths, depths and circumferences of laziness. Case in point- I had a bunch of stitches in my leg and was supposed to go up to the clinic to have them removed- Meh- to lazy, so I got some little scissors and some tweezers and vooowalla- I pulled those little suckers out myself. Whitney informed me I am not supposed to do that- too late. Nurses are so touchy!! AND when the cut opened up a little bit, I just got out the crazy glue and glued it shut.... plastic surgery at it's finest, says I!!!

3. I am now regretting lasts weeks red velvet cake binge! 4 pounds later and I am going to have to starve myself silly to get into my dress. Really though, how many nuns do you need at a fancy pretend ball to say good night to the Von Trapp children! Like anyone is going to be fooled into thinking I am not that nun that was just perched on the front of the stage for 10 minutes babbling away in Latin. Not enough taffita in the world to pull that one off.

4. I went curling last night and I did a fairly fantabulous job, if I may say so myself!! It was really fun- You yanks should try it- oh wait- I guess you don't have curling rinks in the lower 48! Too bad for you. Curling is kind of a strange sport and I have to wonder how incredibly bored you'd have to be to invent such an activity- but when you live in cold and ice most of the year, you do what ya gotta do to keep yourself amused. I say when in Rome! And I AM amused!

5. I am fairly sick of the wind. It gives me a head ache.

6. But then again, it could be the 3 little bears(boys) with runny noses who gave me a head cold yet again. Ah ya gotta love grand kids. I'll take the germs any day to have them so close all the time. I do feel a twinge for those of you who's grand kids are all spread out and tossed assunder around the world! LUCKY ME!!!!

7. I am going to attempt to make a fabric flower to jazz up my costume.(because nothing says- I am not a nun now like a big flower on your dress) Those of you who know me know I am not good at fabric, scissors and sewing. This could be a bit of a disaster- and that last statement was a bit of an understatement, Govna!

8. I have photo shopped my fingers to the bone! When all this stuff gets published, I will put a little show on here for you to see what I do all the live long day.

9. I was thinking today how darn blessed my life is!! I have a fantastic heritage and great parents, 3 pretty great brothers and their families, a supportive husband who really can take most of the credit for me being so very spoiled, 3 truly exceptional children, 2 great son in laws, 3 fun loving little boy grand children, the most amazing friends, a great company to work for, doing what I always dreamed I wanted to do- I have the guidance of Gods gospel to keep me on the right track, and I get to play hockey every Tuesday night- and when the ice melts, I get to water ski- IT JUST DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!!!! I sometimes look over my shoulder to see if anyone is there, waiting to take it all away, because surly anyone who is as big a spoiled brat as me doesn't deserve this.

10. Here is a sneak peek at one of my hot off the computer, photo shop images that will be published soon- shhhhhh- don't tell! There is a set of 4 of these- a retro phone, fan and gramophone. The typewriter is my favorite- but the old fan is "cool" too.

There you have it- 4 weeks of 10 on Tuesdays- and I'm spent!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Oscar is so darn adorable!

LindsayB said...

isn't oscar the cutest?! we are all pretty spoiled aren't we?! i feel so darn blessed to have all the grampas and grammas right here too! i just scrolled trough a bunch of your posts and you are one entertaining lady! LOVING the sneak new print! also i want some cake now...can't wait to see you in the play.

whitney said...

I'm liking the typewriter and want to see the other ones!
But you know how I feel about words on pictures. I might request my own private typewriter print in a different color. Because you have plenty of down time for that!

Lisha said...

ummmm ... you forgot to mention that you also have a pretty awesome niece ... ahem. Just kidding! Love the typewriter! And it's ok to have cake. I had 3 cupcakes the other day. They were delicious and worth every fabulous-tastin calorie! And yes, Oscar is pretty stinkin' cute, even if he is wearing a giant argyle sock :)