Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tis Tuesday!!

Hello again, Miss Tuesday morning!! Here are some of my random Tuesday thoughts...

1. It seems as if Mother Nature is putting on a show just for me lately. On Saturday night, we were driving over to the annual Christmas tree burning party(minus the burning part because the wind was blowing 70 mph so we couldn't get a burning permit-sigh-any who- I looked up and saw a very large bird. At first I thought it was a really big seagull. It flew right over the car and down our street- It was a huge bald eagle. I have NEVER seen one in Raymond. The closest I have seen eagles around here is Cardston or Waterton. It was a sight to behold! Took my breath away!

2. Stew and I went to Waterton for the weekend and it was raining. hmmm- not cool. They shut the road to Cameron down because of scary, icy roads, but finally got it opened about 2 pm.- so we threw on our ski stuff and went for a great x country romp- or should I say tromp- there was a foot of new snow. The way up to the lake was pretty hard slogging but the trip back down was a hoot. It was snowing and we were covered in white, but it was so fun to have the mountain all to ourselves!!

3. On the way home from Waterton, we looked out in the field that is usually covered in elk and wondered why they weren't there- Then we saw five wolves- all in a spread out pack formation for hunting purposes. WOW!!! No wonder the elk were hiding!! Gotta love mother nature!!

4. I have drawn my husband to the dark side- He watches the Big Bang Theory now too- so much so that he has it playing on the computer so that when there is a commercial on regular TV, he turns Big Bang on as his go back. I am the devil!!!!

5. OH dear- whoah is to me!!! I dry cleaned my ball dress and now it's falling apart and all the layers don't match or hang straight at the bottom. So instead of working or painting or photo shopping today, I am parked at the costume mistresses house trying to salvage my beautiful ball gown with the $40.00 froo froo flower on it. I am grief stricken- (NOT) maybe if my dress falls apart, I won't have to appear in the ballroom scene- but now the directer made me a Baroness with a line, dang it. I have nightmares of my dress disintegrating right there on stage- just falling to the floor in moth eaten rags and tatters and there I stand with nothing but a $40 flower to hide behind. But the show must go on, right!!

6. I have a new project at work...it's called art in a box. The retailer gave me 8 sizes of prints and had me design 8 different pieces of art with a type of theme and color scheme, but they don't want everything to be matcy poo. So I whipped up 8 pieces and plugged them into the configuration of 8 and voila- I give you art in a box- Apparently the customer buys the entire box and slaps it up on their wall. cool, eh! We'll see how it flies in a few days- my guess is they'll want major tweaking...sigh


7. We had Romans birthday on Saturday- he wanted waffles for breakfast and dinner. What a great kid!!! AND Red Velvet Cake!!! Holy sugar high, batman!!!

8. I feel like I am losing my little Finn. He is becoming more and more withdrawn socially and I have a hard time getting him to talk to me- unless I am the only one there, and then he kind of has to talk to me. He does love his Papa though and always talks to him. This Apraxia or autism or social anxiety or what ever it is really stinks!!! REALLY!!! A lot. Finn is such a wonderful little boy- I can hardly take my eyes off him. He amuses me to no end but my heart aches for what he might have ahead of him. I just hope I can help in some way.

9. I am on my way up to the theatre to teach some folks how to spatter a wall with dirty water. HUH? you say- trust me - it works! It makes the set look less flat. Some day I am going to have to figure out just how many sets I have painted in my day- probably more than I want to count!

10. This is going to be an intense 3 weeks- Dress rehearsal in one week- yikes!!!! by the way...how DO you solve a problem like Maria???

2 comments:

Lisha said...

Fingers crossed that your dress doesn't fall apart on stage. Love the art in a box. Happy birthday to Roman. Sad about Finn not talking to you. He seems to be such a sweet boy. Luckily he is surrounded by wonderful people who love him which hopefully will help.

Christal said...

Love your 10 on tuesday! Sad about the dress hope its alright can't wait to see the play:) Number 8 makes me sad too:) love that kid..Love the art you are amazing:) and 1 2 3 awesome to.... good xcountry bald eagles and mother nature! and number 4 no comment ha ha!! have a great week!