Tuesday, January 31, 2012

10 on Tuesday


so how long do we do 10 on Tuesday? I see my daughter stopped after 1 or 2. PFFF. We shall see how long I last. You may be wondering about this posts Illustration- I tried to encompass as many random thoughts in one picture as I could.- Read on, McDuff, and see how I did.

1. Went to nun practice last week. It was really fun. The sound we make is AEWSOME!! The notes of music are pretty easy but the Latin ties your tongue in knots. I am not sure how I am going to memorize it. I tried to make words out of the syllables but it's still just gibberish. I figure if I just throw vowels out there- I should hit on the right ones once in awhile. I tried translating it but I couldn't find a place on line that did that. sigh.

2. Kurt is doing better with the shingles but Bells Palsy boy doesn't seem to be much better. Dang- I hope this clears up- nobody wants half their face sliding off their bones.

3. K- love the warm temps but not loving this wind. Oh boo hoo- you live in Southern Alberta- get over it already, says I to myself. ( yeah- I talk to myself, it's the first sign of senility- I've pretty much been senile all my life. I bet everyone talks to themselves, they just don't admit it, right self? You betcha) I do love watching my grand kids play- they get so engrossed in what they are doing -they have no shame talking to themselves and taking the parts of numerous people. Thus I am in constant conversation with self...so sue me.

4. Got a call from my art director yesterday. She was actually at the Las Vegas art show, I could hear the hubbub behind her on the phone. She said Pier 1 wanted 2 images for an exclusive-(that means nobody else can buy them) and my publisher didn't want to give them exclusivity so she said can you whip up 2 more like these and get them to us by tonight? Sure, no problem. kkkkkkuskskch- Did I mention I LOVE photo shop!!!!!

5. After I sent the new images, she emailed me back and they liked them, so now can you do a series of another image for another customer? hmmm I can see this could get to be a problem. Gives new meaning to ART ON DEMAND.

6. Bless me for I have sinned- I humbly admit that I have a new indulgent obsession and it's pretty bad. I am totally enamored with The Big Bang Theory. I belly laugh through the entire show and I can't stop watching it. It's like a hilarious train wreck. I know I shouldn't watch it but I just can't help it. Do they have Big Bang Theory anonymous meetings somewhere? I wish I could be like Sheldon Cooper and say what everyone else is thinking-oh wait- I already do that- Maybe I should be less like him...AAAAAGHHH!

7. This is funny- My art directer suggested I teach Stewart to paint. She was serious- There is a fellow artist with my publisher who taught her husband to paint abstracts and now he makes more money than she does. BUT he probably had some artistic tendencies BWAHAHAHAH!!! tears running down my face!! I just told her thanks, but not a good idea. Ooooo WHooooo I am still chuckling!

8. OH. MY. GOOD. GIDDY. AUNT!! I was raised on Postum- a hot beverage made from roasted grains- Loved it. Drink it all winter. 3 or 4 years ago, The good folks at Postum decided they weren't going to make postum any more-AHHG! - so I bought about 8 bottle of it and I have is stashed away. I looked on line to see if there were places that still might have some and, hold on to your tooche, because they were selling it on e bay for ....WAIT FOR IT...$100.00 a bottle. What the ????? I have $700.00 worth of liquid gold in my basemen?! SERIOUSLY?

9. I am now thinking I could hit a pretty nice all inclusive to Mexico for the price of my dear postum. hhhmmmm what to do, what to do. I feel like a commodities trader... SELL SELL SELL!!!

10. On a lighter note- GO MITT!!!!!

3 comments:

whitney said...

I'll paint abstracts, teach me.

Paige said...

TEACH THE FATHER TO PAINT!!! Oh, please, oh please, oh please! It would be all kinds of funny! Maybe his droopy face would make the abstract part even better! I think we should have an arts and crafts day at home, and we all have to paint something. The best painting gets sent to Galaxy.

SELL THE POSTUM AND TAKE US ALL ON A CRUISE! That stuff is nasty anyway!

Why shouldn't you watch Big Bang Theory? It's not crude. Are you trying to pretend for your fans out there that you are a saint? Don't let's be silly.

KellyLady said...

Sorry about Uncle and cousin not fully better yet..
I talk to myself all the time...
good luck on the Latin...
I can just see Lea's eyebrow going up at the mention of teaching Stew to paint - bah ha...
And we LOVE The Big Bang Theory. We have over 80 PVR'd.
And Postum is NASTY! Sell it and do something fun somewhere warm and then you won't need it anymore!