Tuesday, January 17, 2012

10 on Tuesday

Just random thoughts on a Tuesday morning...10 of them...(this doesn't mean there are only 10 random thoughts in my noggin on any given Tuesday. There are hundreds of random thoughts, ALWAYS coursing about in my brain..unfortunately at 2 in the morning as well...But there is a fun thing on many a persons blog called 10 on Tuesday. It simply means you get to hear my random thoughts.- lucky you!!)

1. Today I learned of a dear friends father passing away last night- quietly and unexpectedly - but thankfully he is gone on to better things, places, and people. I can't help but think how grateful I am to know that there is life after this.

2. I hate painting landscapes...HATE IT -LOATH IT- DESPISE IT! How many ways can you paint trees and ground? After 22 years of painting for a publisher, I wish I had the intestinal fortitude to tell them -meh- not gonna paint landscapes, beyond and beneath me, pound sand! But no- I keep hacking away at it with brush and paint, hoping one will magically look decent! SIGH!

3. I am feeling quite lucky to have most of my family close. My daughter and son in law and 3 little boys are just 2 minutes away. Paige and Eric want to move back to Alberta so I am holding my breath thinking how great that would be. please oh please oh please oh.......

4. I just did a crazy thing. After committing to hockey on Tuesday nights (love of my life) I took on curling on Monday nights and then if that's not enough, I said I would be a nun in the community playhouse production of Sound of Music. x country and or snow shoeing with the mountain mommas on Thursdays and Temple assignment on Fridays. hhhmmm. Well at least I won't have time to be board with winter blues, eh! I actually just finished all the set designs for the play and I think they are going to be really great. The play is March 14-23. Wish me luck- the nuns songs are all in Latin. Gaudeamus Domino!

5. Well I got my wish- it snowed-all of maybe 2 inches- but it also got really cold...bogger sticken tongue frozen to metal cold. 36 below zero cold last night. LOVE IT!

6.Did I mention I love studying with the Book of Mormon made Easy. Yeah I did, but I really do love it. You gotta get these books!!!

7. My mother in law had us take her 14 year old cat to the vet to be sent to heaven because she just couldn't do it. She was very upset. The thought occurred to me that most people would like to be the one who actually sends a cat, or all cats for that matter, to heaven-shame on you all! I happen to love animals, but yeah, that separation from one you've grown attached to is rough. I felt her pain. A little too much as it turns out. Stewart feels like the grim reaper. Can't say as I blame him, poor guy, but I just can't do it.

8. I decided the other day that I need more music in my life. Music is a great thing. Love music. Wish I could play an instrument, but I don't think that is on the agenda. Not much talent in that area. I can sing though- not like a solo, but I can read music at least. I know we aren't supposed to envy other people but I do. Those people who can play the piano- I would trade my left arm to be able to do that. (Obviously I would like to keep my right arm so I can make a living, but I could do without my left arm if I could play the piano!) Yeah I know a one armed piano player is probably not in demand...oh you get my point!!!

9.I had a thought the other night while helping Whitney get ready for a HUGE dinner party. The thought was I am so happy and thankful that my daughter has such great friends and that they actually seem to think of me as sort of a friend as well. What a great bunch of people!!

10. I am going to live by the adage that a body in motion stays in motion. If I make it through this winter that is. I do so hate the thought of getting old and decrepit! Gotta love winter activities!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Well, look at you, you busy bee! I wish I was home now so that I could join you in all your festivities.
"How do you solve a problem like Maria?"

whitney said...

Glad for your help, it was fun! Your turn next, I'll help with your Christmas party next year!

Cory said...

Re: #8
Have you ordered your "Messiah in America" CD yet? That would be wonderful music to add to your life! You wouldn't need to give up an arm or anything. Not only is your little brother and two neices in the choir, but it is about the Book of Mormon (see item #6) and it hit #1 on the Billboard traditional classical music chart so it must be good! Go to www.messiahinamerica.com to order your copy!