Sunday, February 27, 2011

Me... in a nutshell



I saw a blog the other day where the person had lists...a lot of them- likes, dislikes, favorites, loves, hates, all about herself or her family, husband, kids...you get the picture. My first thought was do people really care about this stuff and want to read it? And as I sat there READING the lists I decided yup, people read this stuff. Not sure why, but it was interesting to know her better and then think "OH MAN, I hate that too" or "I have never even heard of half of these books let alone read that many." It's fun to write your own list sometimes. So if you don't mind (an even if you do) here is my first list.

10 THINGS I LOVE TO DO- by Carol Robinson

1. After a long day of work, I love to get some chips and a pop, crash on the couch and watch a movie with no interruptions. It's the perfect unwind.
2. I love hiking, skiing, biking, snowshoeing, kayaking etc... with my best friends-the Mountain Mommas. (Someday I will blog about these wonderful ladies to be sure!)
3. I love to get up early, go for a two times around the lake waterski on a glassy Lake 5, then get warm by a fire and eat Cocoa Puffs with Stew. This is the beginning of every single heavenly summer day. I wonder if there is water skiing in heaven. If not, I may have to opt for a different location.
4. I love to play Trivial Pursuit with Kurt and other board games with the rest of the family. Kurt and I are the only ones who like Trivial Pursuit so the rest of the family can just eat worms whilst we play that for hours. We only seem to play it at the lake when there's nobody else around or it's raining so it's all good.
5. I love creating something out of nothing on photo shop. And then having the publishers snarf it up like it's gold! Refer to the posted jpeg of a piece I photo shopped. I haven't a clue where it will end up on this page, but I think you'll know it when you see it. Oh look there it is...I DID IT!



6. I love being with my family and my grand kids. There is nothing better than family. NOTHING!!! Period. End of statement.
7. I love going to Waterton for 2 days with Stew and just laying around, reading a good book, eating out and x country skiing. Sometimes if we go on a weekday- we are the only ones there! Can you imagine having all of Waterton Park to yourself!! It is Bliss!
8. I love to play hockey. I am not really good at it but there is something about having a stick in your hand and skates on your feet and padding all over your body that makes you feel invincible. I am old enough to be the Mother of most of the team but that doesn't stop me much.
( Ok, so I drop back and play defense sometimes, but I am out there on the ice every Wednesday night for an hour, and I haven't died of a heart attack yet so bully for me!)
9. I love to be involved with musical theatre- (oh look you Canadians, the spell check doesn't appreciate the way you spell THEATRE. I shall spell it the correct way from now on!) I have painted sets-tons and tons of sets- I have run the lights, choreographed, acted, directed, and polished in quite a few productons. It's very hard work but soooooo worth it.
10. I love teaching. It forces me learn and it gives me a chance to study what I know I wouldn't study on my own.

So there you go- 10 things I love to do. hhhmmm... it's kind of me in a nutshell I suppose. a slice of my life. Next week we will study 10 things I hate. I know, you can hardly wait, right? Pins and needles!

2 comments:

Christal said...

Found your blog! Thanks so much for the comment on mine. Love the name of your blog! and love the 10 things! Especially the water skiing one and heaven made me laugh because darren always says that too! His favorite thing on earth! Love the creation your talent is amazing and everywhere obviously I love it since I've bought a few things only to find out from Whitney that you did them! Love the bagpipe post too amazing....jade's blog made me cry over and over what a testimony and trial. They have helped more people than they know! Beautiful posts! and what are you talking about looks like you are an expert blogger already! Fun posts! I can see where Whitney gets her talent and whit from i'm lucky to have her to work with and as a friend she is amazing looks like it runs in the family!!

Just Rhonda said...

I love that you are using photoshop now :) Even without my help! HA! Yes I can help you change the look of your blog! It's totally easy!!