Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hate is a strong word!

All righty then- I promised another list and here it is. 10 things I hate- hate is kind of a strong word, but it's amazing how many times it pops out of your mouth without you even thinking about it. I should try to use a different word, something like abhor, loath, resent, despise, detest, dislike, irritate, disagree, un love? So maybe I will!

1. I RESENT it when I am working, really getting in there, being creative, and someone interrupts me with dumb questions.

2. I get EXTREMELY IRRITATED when I am talking on the phone and someone in the room asks me questions or talks to me at the same time. I would yell at that irritating person but then the guy on the other end of the phone line would hear the she devil harpee who possesses me during these IRRITATING situations. So instead I get one eyebrow and make the CUT sign with my hand across my throat whilst continuing to talk sweetly into the phone that I now hove a death grip on...you can picture it, can't you.

3. I DESPISE grasshoppers. No matter how you try to walk around them or avoid them, they still jump ON you. I can NOT step on one- there's just too much gishy squishy there!

4. I LOATH revisions! HELLO!!!I painted it that way for a reason, but sure, I'll repaint it and make that sky a totally different color, never mind that there are 4 trees in front of that sky. I'll take 6 flowers out and leave just 2. No problem- Piece of cake...gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The customer is always right, the customer is always............

5. I ABHORE getting old. I always thought I would do it gracefully (why I thought that is a mystery to me because I have never done ANYTHING gracefully) But I really don't like the wrinkles and gray hair and weight gain and mentalpauses and sleepless nights-shall I go on? It sucks big time.

6. I get IRRITATED when people stop and talk in the middle of a walkway so you can't get by them. Sure, we'll all just stand here and wait for you to finish your visit. Don't mind the rest of us.

7. I DISLIKE it immensely when a very tall person comes into a half empty theater and sits smack dab infront of 5'2'' me and a child. Seriously? I am convinced they know it irritates me to no end and they do it just to spite me.

8. I DETEST those commercials on TV about animal shelters or mistreated animals. They upset me to the point of an anxiety attack. I am not kidding. I scream at someone to change the channel, and if I am by myself, I have been known to throw food in the air in a frantic dash to find the remote control. I CAN NOT take the sight of those poor animals or process the thought that people are that cruel to a helpless animal. Hate is not too strong a word for those kinds of people. Me and Michael Vick are going to have words someday. And don't even get me started on the people in Vancouver who killed all the sled dogs after the Olympics. Who does that?? Special place reserved in hell.....I'm just sayen.

9. I do not LOVE to do housework. It is UNLOVED! I know the walls need painting but I really, really HATE painting walls, or washing them. Oh I do so hate housework. uumm hummm!

10. I find it most DISAGREEABLE when people play the race/discrimination card when it's not applicable, as if EVERYTHING and every situation hinges on the fact that they are black or red or white or yellow or Irish or Mexican or Muslim or Mormon. Really people, sometimes it's just about something else- get past it!!!

You know, there are a multitude of things to hate, aren't there. Best not to dwell on that subject too long, I think. Next list...?

Side note: My publisher HATES when I blog instead of work. Refer to #4.
Have a nice day!!!

5 comments:

KellyLady said...

I LOVE all your creative words!

whitney said...

I hate hate lists on blogs.

HA HA HA!

Just kidding.

whitney said...

Thanks again for coming with me today.

this and that...now and then said...

it wasn't a hate list- It was all those other nifty words. Did I mention I hate hospitals! heheheh

Lisha said...

I agree with you on pretty much all of those ... especially the grasshoppers. They've been known to give me panic attacks. I'm really not looking forward to Paxton getting older and playing with them. But that might never happen since we're stuck in eternal winter. Speaking of things we detest ... :)