Thursday, February 17, 2011

I am a grandma...again!




Wow, that was fast! Well, it probably didn't seem fast for Whitney. She was pregnant for a year! Pregnant in February 2010, a 3 month in miscarriage, pregnant the next month and giving birth the following February, I think she may be feeling like an elephant...in more ways than one! You would think I had lot's of time to prepare for this new little boy, but I hate to admit it, it just seem like there was an end to it. IT was a belly bump for so long that I forgot there was a baby in there. But at 7 am on the 15th of February, the phone rang and Brad told Stewart they needed to go to the hospital, ASAP. Whitney called me while they were on their way at about 7:35 and I heard a few owe owe owe sounds during that phone call. I said are you sure you should be driving to Lethbridge at this particular point in time?" Sure, we have plenty of time." PPFFF! Oscar Edward Davis was born at 8:34 am. WHOAH! That was fast!!! Poor little gaffer was purple for a few days but he's pretty cute now. And here I am , a grandmother again, trying to figure out how this snuck up on me. I didn't make a quilt or buy little clothes or toys or books. What's the matter with me?? Is it because he's boy number 3 and he will have clothes and blankets and toys coming out his ears? I hope he forgives me for being such an irresponsible grandmother. I will make up for it by holding him as much as humanly possible and touching his almost no feel, silky soft, tiny red head, smelling him, looking at him so long my eyes hurt. He is so very tiny and so amazingly cute. This is the reason as parents we do not eat our young, because they give us grandchildren!
31 years ago I remember crying because my due date had come and gone and I thought I would be pregnant forever too. But at 4 am on February 16, 1980, I realized that this would be the day my life changed forever. Whitney was born on that day. Oscar almost made it to the 16th but he decided to give his mom her own birthday. But if I know Whit, she'll be spending that week in the future making valentine cookies and giving her youngest boy a fantastic birthday party. Whitney is a talented, sweet, loyal, thoughtful, feisty woman who I admire and thank heaven for every single day. Oscar is just too cute for words but I'm sure in the near future we will come up with some words to describe him! So happy birthday/Valentines Day, Whitney and Oscar! I couldn't ask for a better daughter or greater grand kids.
YAY, I am a grandma...again!

1 comment:

Lisha said...

congrats Grandma! He's stinkin' cute, and I'm sure he'll have no problem forgiving you for your oversight :)