Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ixnay on the oloticspay-eh!

Well all righty then- I get it -nobody has the stomach to talk politics here. My, my... aren't we a bit lily livered? But I get it, folks- we'll stay away from controversy and world events. Not fond of the chirping crickets all week, so here you go, 10 totally safe subjects on this gray Tuesday.

1. Been spring cleaning and organizing the house. We used to move every 3 or 4 years, so there was always a forced dunging out, but we have been here for 22 years-wow great big stuff can multiply and replenish when you aren't watching!! Wish my food storage did that!!!

2. Speaking of food storage- does anyone else wish they could just buy a bunch of stuff and put it in the basement and never have to think about it again! That was the first of the de-junking rooms, and now it looks awesome and hopefully there isn't any food on the shelves that would kill us or give us some weird disease if we actually ate it. BUT, says I, if you ate something and it killed you, then you'd be out of here and you wouldn't have to worry about food storage. hmmm winner winner, canned chicken and boiled wheat dinner!

3. Can you tell I rather dislike the food storage process? I am going to buy some of the flash frozen fruits and vegetables- it lasts for 25 years if you don't open it. They even have flash frozen butter- UMM NUMMM! If I am still here after 25 years, I will then buy Ensure and live forever!!!

4. Stewart built me another shelf in my closet for shoes and it is a little piece of heaven- all my shoes are side by each and they all have a home AND there is even room for 2 more pair! WHOOT WHOOT. I am not really one of those people who lives for or love shoes- it's just your feet don't get fat and floppy like the rest of you so they always fit and they last forever and it's hard to throw them out, even when they house dead birds or you wear the same 3 or 4 pairs all the time. Am I right?

5. Been photo shopping again- I think I am addicted. But I promise, no more until May. I vill paint vid real paint and brushes on za real canvas and I vill like it!! grrrrrr.

6. True confession- I think I have adult onset attention deficit disorder. Not sure what else it could be, but 3 hours of church is starting to make me wiggly in my seat and I look at the clock a whoooole lot!!! By the time RS rolls around, I am ready to blow this popsicle stand. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a pill you can take?

7. I figured out another reason I detest spring- it's that in between, no mans land time of year. You can't really snow ski cause it's to warm and slushy, and you can't hike because it's muddy and slippery, the ice is gone so hockey is out, but you can't water ski yet or you would freeze your nay nays off, although I have skied in May. Once. Holy frostbite stupidity, Batman!! I rode my bike a few times, but you have to wait for unseasonably warm days or you freeze stuff like ears and fingers and riding by the thawing cow pastures can knock you clean off your bike seat. So yes, least favorite time of year.

8. Having dissed spring, I do like that the flowers get silly brave... stupid, but optimistically brave. They grow at the first taste of warmth but inevitably snow comes back and wacks them all to a pulp. Take that you eager beavers!!

9. Another hate on spring...It's birds in the house time again. Our mental pigmy, sorry excuse for a cat has captured and brought in 3 so far...2 she killed before I could get to her, so I just had to clean up the leftovers, but she nabbed a blue jay the other day. It was huge! She couldn't kill it and it buzzed around the living room like a jet fighter on crack. It came to rest in the pussy willow wreath that I have over my fireplace. It's probably out of date on the home decor front but I keep it for the birds...gives them a little taste of the outdoors whilst they are being hunted, and they have a place to rest before I catch them in the fishing net. Did I mention it was enormous!!! On the plus side, I did appreciate the blue feathers. Very pretty. Nice touch.

10. Ok my head is going to explode. I saw this on a girls blog and it made me laugh- Laughing is good, especially in these trying times. (Not sure why she gets away with political stuff on her blog but oh well, sour grapes) If you don't get the shirt, you need to get out more.
GO MITT!!!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

You are just way more tickled pink by politics than the rest of us. Your politics post was HUGE with little, teenie-tiny words! I'm Canadian and am quite happy with a conservative majority, and that is where my interest in politics ends.

Some of those jars in the food storage room can't even be identified any more. Scary.

Please, watching the clock at church? That's not a new thing. It's especially bad when teachers dare to make me do group work.

Spring in Vancouver is quite lovely. None of this Alberta clowning around. Blossoms everywhere!
(Alberta is still better)