Tuesday, March 13, 2012

10 on Tuesday-4:30 am....AGAIN!

Well fans, it's 4:30 am and again I am awake. Will I be glad when this play is over! You have no idea!!!!

1. Last night we repainted the set. It looks much better now, except for the missing banister on the stairs. Will we actually have one?? At this point- I don't even care. It's just one more thing to have to wrestle with during the set changes. Do NOT tell Stewart I painted- Painting sets is forbidden. After a 10 hour rescue of the pumpkin coach 2 years ago in Cinderella, and 6 months of anti- inflammatory's and physical therapy on my arm and elbow, I am now officially off the set painting list. I can design the sets on paper and I am in an advisory position only when it comes to actual painting.....pppfff.... it take an hours to explain to the slave painters how to do it when I can just show them in 3 seconds. But Norma is an amazing slave- she does exactly what I tell her, bless her heart!! We commented last night that the dynamic due- oooooh was at it again. We tried to count the plays we had painted sets with together- I am sure we missed a few......Music Man, Hello Dolly, Big River, Camelot, Wizard of Oz, Crazy for You, we took time off to be in Will Rogers Follies, Joseph and his funky colored coat, South Pacific, (I talked to Norma on the phone while walking down Whyte Ave, Edmonton Alberta in 30 below zero weather once, WITH Laryngitis, explaining to her how to paint lava looking rocks, Annie, There was one with a boat and I can't remember the name of it, Cinderella, part of Sound of Music, the list goes on, and some of them were just showing Norma what to do and mixing colors, but lots of them, we painted the entire set. Hello Dolly I painted 28- 4 x 8 foot flats plus 2- 4 x 12 foot flats- I could have totally repainted my house...TWICE!!! And add in there a Jr High play each year- that's a lot of painting. No wonder my arm is shot to H -E -double hockey sticks!!! Awe good times....snort!

2. Just love how some folks think it's ok to leave everything until the very last stinking minute. Never mind that we haven't practiced with half this stuff!

3. They have added yet another character to my list. This one is fun though and no lines- I'm not going to tell you who else I am, you'll have to wait and see, it will be a surprise..kind of like where's Waldo!!! Holy fast costume changes, Batman!! Thank heaven for a big long nun habit!!! You can play a game of sorts- it's called what else does she have on under there.....

4. After being at the no sleep phase for 2 weeks, I am now at the no sleep and no appetite phase of the play...SAAAWEEEEET! In about a week, I will have to move the velcro on my ball gown flower/belt. Nothing better than THAT phase! Except the end of the play phase. I know, I know, self inflicted pain and all- no sympathy, right!?

5. I am feeling very sorry for the guys and girls who have to do the set changes. The couch is an antique and it weighs about 300 pounds. I suspect I will be back there too, now that some MORE froo froo has been added-(one eyebrow) but it does look really amazing. Be prepared for a few long set changes folks- but it will be worth it when you see it.

6. We are having a bit of trouble with our 16 going on 17 young lovers. 16 doesn't particularly want to kiss 17. 17 is trying hard but poor kid can't compete with 16's boyfriend, but said boyfriend has been in many plays and he was the Music Man and thoroughly kissed Marian the Librarian on several occasions, so he should understand the need for a bit of reality, but 16 is afraid he might be mad....sigh..... oh to be young again, eh! Be young on someone elses time!!!!Kiss the boy already!!!

7. Won't you all be glad when this play is over! Too bad so sad for you, my blog, my vent, my rant, my rave and so on and so forth- get over it.

8. I am sitting here wondering if I could go back to bed and actually get to sleep..,ppfffff! Silly
me!

9. Also wondering if I really need to keep the appointment to have the hair guy look at my hair...it's just going back and forth in and out of a nun hat 3 or 4 times, so really is it going to matter??? It's going to look like heck no matter what he does. Baronesses can have ugly hair and nobody would dare say anything because they are rich and powerfull, right! That's my story- I am going to stick with that one!

10. Just so this who thing isn't about the play, here is a note about my little Finny Bean. He is now going to have his tonsils and possibly adenoids out, and more tongue clipping. Not sure that will help with the talking and or shyness, but we are hoping if he sleeps better, he might feel more like interacting with folks. Sunday, I got him to come upstairs with me and we played on the computer with a thing I had saved from clear back in December just so I could do something with him one on one. Dang Papa is always there and Finn adores Papa and I don't count for much most of the time. SO this cool thing was a programs where it tell you a story and has you draw a stick figure and the thing actually comes to life and moves- It blows me away and I thought he was fairly impressed because he stayed and played until it was time to go home. When his Mom asked him if he liked the game he played with Grandma, he said no. HMMM... back to square one. I love that little boy! I think he will play it again though- just a hunch, since he actually sat on my lap and played it twice. We shall see.

Well, enough of my theatre drama...pun intended. I'll let you know how dress rehearsal goes...I know you can't wait to hear!! "I am having pins and needles I am sitting on!!!" If you know where that quote comes from, you win!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Is the quote Despicable Me?

If 17 is making 16 feel like she can't kiss someone in a play, then OH the hypocrisy! I'm sure I as well as many other girls in town could tell her stories that would make her feel less inclined to acquiesce to his request. Besides, Liesl and Rolf's kiss is such a fast peck!

KellyLady said...

I second Paige's quote comment!

And 16 needs to get over it - soooo glad I'm not at that stage of life anymore!

Your sets are always amazing. I sometimes miss the rush rush rush of set changing and playing cards between sets and flirting with the out of town actors. Ha ha Ha. Good times had in theater

Paige said...

Oops! I used the wrong code names. 17's great. We love 17. It's 16's boyfriend I'm referring to.