Thursday, March 17, 2011

dream a little dream.....

I asked a class of young women if they could do or be absolutely anything-nothing to stop you- what would it be They didn't know. WHAT??? Seriously? Do you not dream of other lives or ways to live or be or do? I was stunned!!! It took me actually pulling things out of them for a half hour before they even started to let loose. WHAT IS WITH THAT! Especially at that age? I almost cried for them. Maybe they just didn't want to tell me, maybe they were not "mormon" material dreams- but I could see on their faces that they really hadn't thought much about it. Am I the only one who finds this odd? Who doesn't have dreams of winning the lottery or becoming famous? Holy sad state of affairs, batman!

well- I DREAM!! I have always had great, grandiose ambitions for the "other me"...the one who has nothing stopping her. So here is a list of things I would do if I could.

1. I would love to be an Olympic athlete. When I was little I wanted to be a ballerina or a figure skater, but as I got into sports- I decided those things were for prissy girls. I am a jock at heart- so yes- I would love to play on the American woman's hockey team- and as long as I am dreaming- we would actually beat the Canadians.

2. I would love to travel- not just a little- all over the world- and I would spend weeks in one place- not just sight seeing, but really getting into the culture and the places nobody really sees. First on the list of visits is Scotland and Ireland.

3. I would like to be a motivational speaker. I would actually like to be smart enough to do that.

4. I would love to have the time and $ to actually take an art course at a really huge art institution. To actually know all the techniques instead of just stumbling along and faking it. That would be really cool.

5. I would love to know everything there is to know about photo shop.

6.I want to be the kind of person who has nothing but energy- 5 hours sleep is good enough- and raring to go!

7. I would be someone who works with animals- like people who teach gorillas sign language or keeps abandoned baby animals alive and then releases them into the wild after teaching them everything they need to know to survive. Or working with the walrus and penguins at sea world! DREAM JOB!!!!

8. If there were no limits- I would be in musical theater on Broadway!!! Not painting the sets- actually on the stage- every night- being the comic relief or the bad guy- the villain is always the best part!

9. I would dearly love to teach high school- but only to students who wanted to learn- so I would only teach an elective class such as art or drama. But I also wanted to be a gym teacher!

10. I would like to have the time and know how to incorporate photography into my artwork. I am dabbling with it now but it's always on the back burner. Maybe the dream would be to not HAVE to work for a publisher- I need to be independently wealthy so I can just create for me. SIGH- wouldn't that be a great dream come true!!!

Well there you have it. DREAM ON- MOMMA!

4 comments:

whitney said...

Right about now I'll just go for sleeping in long enough increments to actually have a dream!
But for now I'll just go cuddle Oscar.

Christal said...

i dream for a ward that has some people in it ha ha! j/k let it go I know!
So great post again. I have lots of dreams starting with traveling I would love to go to Europe and just travel for weeks! and an endless supply of money would be nice too! I think our youth don't think much beyond today sometimes when I was there age I had so many dreams and things I wanted to do! I hope they were just being shy!

Lisha said...

I dream about Winn g the lottery every week. And my dreams change depending on how much t's for : ) if we had enough I'd travel for at least 6 months straight. Oh If only it would happen!

Just Rhonda said...

hmmm some of your dreams totally surprised me!! (sea world- huh!) I have so many dreams too. Couldn't imagine not dreaming!
(oh and dream on about American beating Canada. hahahahaha)