1. Just got back from a trip with the entire family (minus Kurt, dag nab it-see #2) to Salt Lake City. We picked such an opportune time to travel...NOT! Freezing rain, followed by 2 feet of wet snow, creeping along at 40 klicks-that's kilometers for you American folk, up hill traffic came to a standstill on a mountain side outside of Helena, Montana, with both Paige and I doing the pee pee dance- Oh my lanta! 13 hours of frosty frozen fun.
2. Kurt was going to fly down the day after we went but the roads were so bad they opened and closed them off and on all day. Good thing because he ended up in the ditch. An angel showed up instantly(I am not kidding, where did this guy come from) with not one but two shovels and dug Kurt out. I told him to turn around and go home. SO he missed all the family fun and we missed him, but oh well, what ya gonna do when you live in a shoe???
3. We went down to visit my Mom. She was diagnosed with multiple cancers and given 2 months to live. This is not going to be a winter I will want to remember. But it was so good that she met all of her new great grandsons, whom she had never met with the exception of Roman. She did see him once when he was 6 months old. And my parents got to finally meet Eric, their newest grandson in law. Poor Eric was force fed ice cream and thrown into the deep end with half of the Davis clan- Sink or swim buddy!!!
4. We had a breakfast at my brothers house. 24 adults, 9 and 8.9/9th kids (Lindsay was in labor off and on throughout the day-yikes!) and 4 dogs. We had a marvelous time!! Sometimes its better to not know what you are missing... now I miss my family sooooo much!
5. We stayed with a friend of mine who I have known most of my life. Michele and her family made us so welcome- they opened their home and hearts to us and Scott made bacon at 10 pm for Paige. Paige has a new BFF!!!The snow was insane! We had to move broken tree branches to get in and out of the lane that they live on but it was absolutely breath taking! Beautiful! We all decided to move in for good.....just kidding Scott!
6. I am not going to talk about the election. Except to say once shame on him, twice shame on you!!! I do think that Mitt Romney is a good man and it would have been nice to see if he could make a difference for the country. I believe he was put there to make people accountable for their choices. It's just sad that everyone will be brought down in the process.
7. Back to work- pumped out two fun photo shop pieces this morning, sent them to New York and poooof! I love to hear "send us the files" No revisions, no tweaking. AWESOME! I called them "Flower Power"- Kind of a throw back to the 60's I suppose.
9. I am feeling like life is accelerating in some way, that things are coming to a head and there's going to be some very rocky times ahead for all of us. It makes me stop and wonder if I am prepared. I am betting that I am not as prepared as I should or could be. This next few months will be very challenging. I am thankful for my knowledge of a loving God who knows us all personally and who sees the big picture. Now more than ever we need to trust in him. That's all we may have to get us through.
10. BUT...right now I'm going to go split some heads at hockey! Too much doom and gloom is NOT good for the soul!